Monday, May 9, 2011

SODO - First Brew

Already seems like forever ago, but my first brew at "the lab" was back on January 8th. It certainly was different than brewing in my kitchen and after 9 long hours, I was exhausted. Each brew day I become more efficient in my process and by my 3rd brewday in mid-February I was brewing two beers in the time it took me to brew my first!!

The lowlight of the day was that I improperly crushed my grains with the mill, but being that I was by myself and never actually done it, it looked good enough to me b/c there were some white kernals. But in reality I had only crushed less than 50%. Right after I doughed in, Colin happened to stop in to check on me and he quickly figured out the problem. I hurriedly got some more grain crushed and was on my way. I won't make that mistake again!!

Here are some pics from the first day:





No comments:

Post a Comment