Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Old Tasting Notes #1

Old Tasting Notes from August 16, 2009

Russian Lullaby
  • 1” foamy white head
  • clear, light orange against the light; kind of dark to me
  • apples, yeast, sweet grassy lemons
  • definitely seems a little sweet to me and quite dry in the finish
  • medium body and texture, which is better than most of my brews
  • maybe not as sharp or yeasty as I’d like
  • has a fruity, granny smith apple thing going on
  • dry, stale fruit as it warms, sticky sweet mouthfeel; bone dry finish
  • carbonation is thick and creamy
  • one of my best beers yet and one I need to brew again for sure

Liquid Karma
  • clear cola brown with thin off-white head
  • cookies and sweet coffee with creamy chocolate, nuts
  • very little roast character to me even though this recipe was ramped up a bit
  • not really what I was expecting or hoping for compared to what I viewed as a very successful first attempt
  • needs more body, roast, dark chocolate and coffee – basically more of everything
  • will have to revisit this style sometime and try to improve

No comments:

Post a Comment